JOHN M. SINGLETON, Attorney at Law
Baltimore and Maryland Area Attorney; Superlawyer, Best Lawyers in America, Pre-Eminent Lawyers in America
John M. Singleton has focused his practice primarily in the areas relating to employment and labor law, representing individual employees, labor organizations and small businesses. As a trial attorney with over 30 years of experience, he also handles personal injury, intellectual property (copyright, etc.), labor and employment, sexual harassment and discrimination, wage and hour disputes, wage payment and collection, workplace fraud, whistleblower and other retaliation issues, constitutional claims (free speech, association), government employee grievances, EEOC, MCHR and NLRB administrative charges, mediation, arbitration, licensing issues for doctors and nurses, severance and non-compete agreements, copyright infringement, labor organization representation, and other civil litigation matters.
John M. Singleton’s Credentials include
- Named to 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions of The Best Lawyers in America in the Labor and Employment Law specialty.
- Voted “Superlawyer” – Baltimore Magazine and Law and Politics Magazine – 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Voted “Superlawyer” – Corporate Counsel Edition – Baltimore Magazine, Law and Politics, 2009, 2010
- Voted as one of “Best Lawyers in Maryland” – Baltimore Business Journal -2009
- Voted among “Washington D.C. Best Lawyers” – Washington Post – 2009, 2010
- Voted “AV” and “Pre-eminent Lawyers in America” – Martindale-Hubbell each year from 1988 through 2011
- Received an AV rating for skills and ethics from Martindale-Hubbell, the oldest nationally recognized rating service, for the 24th year in a row; AV is the highest possible rating available
- Appointed as the only United States Representative for mariners and labor on the United Nations, International Maritime Organization. That organization drafts international Treaties and Laws.
- Former Executive Director of the Baltimore County Human Relations Commission
- In Chamber & Partners, USA Guide to Top Attorneys, he was rated as Maryland’s number one rated plaintiff employment attorney and was the only plaintiff attorney rated in their category 1 of ratings
- Served on the Executive Council of the Maryland State Bar Association Labor and Employment Section for over 12 years earning the Distinguished Service Award
- Handled high profile cases featured on 60 Minutes (Video) and Dateline (Video)
- Maryland State Bar Association – Distinguished Service Award, 1998
- Maryland Best Employment Lawyers – Chambers USA, 2003
- Baltimore’s Best Employment Lawyers, 1996
- Special Master for Employment Cases – United States District Court
John M. Singleton is a graduate of Hunter College, City University of New York, New York City, N.Y. in Psychology, Cum Laude and the Antioch School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia, J.D., graduating with Honors. His bar admissions include Maryland, 1980; U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1980; U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1982; U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2001; and U.S. Supreme Court, 2002.